2015 Alumni Mentor Pairings
The inaugural Mayborn Alumni Mentor Network is up and running with seven undergraduate students matched with seven outstanding alumni as mentors.
The undergraduate students selected for the 2015 program are listed below along with their mentors:
- Kara Salazar is a broadcast/digital journalism student from El Paso. Her mentor is Leona Allen, a deputy managing editor at the The Dallas Morning News and a Pulitzer Prize winner.
- Kristen Watson is a photo journalism student from Waxahachie and is expected to graduate in 2016. Her mentor is Vernon Bryant, a photographer with the The Dallas Morning News.
- Shania Jackson is a senior public relations student from Cincinnati. Her mentor is Steve Soltis, group director for leadership and employee communication at Coca-Cola’s corporate headquarters in Atlanta.
- Brittany Fholer is a senior digital/print journalism student from Copperas Cove. Her mentor is Rebecca Gibson, who is a manager in corporate communication for Mary Kay Inc. in Dallas.
- Scott Sidway is a digital/print journalism student from Plano and is expected to graduate in May 2016. His mentor is David Moore, a sports reporter/columnist with the The Dallas Morning News.
- Jennyfer Rodriguez is a digital/print journalism student from Caracas, Venezuela, and is expected to graduate in 2018. Her mentor is Peggy Simpson, a freelance reporter who retired from The Associated Press and lives in Washington, DC.
- Tiara Green is a broadcast/digital journalism student from Garland and is expected to graduate in May 2017. Her mentor is Katrina Gutierrez, a video photojournalist with WFAA-TV in Dallas.