Established in 1890, UNT is one of the nation’s largest public research universities with 37,000 students. As a catalyst for creativity, UNT fuels progress, innovation and entrepreneurship for the North Texas region and the state. Our programs are internationally recognized with research and scholarship spanning all disciplines. We offer 100 bachelor’s, 83 master’s and 37 doctoral degree programs.
In a media landscape that is ever changing, the Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism at the University of North Texas offers you the foundation you need to tell compelling stories and the experience you need to master the latest technology.
Access to internships in the fifth largest media market in the country, courses taught by national award-winning journalists and opportunities to gain hands-on experience in writing, advertising, broadcasting, photography and digital media make the Mayborn School of Journalism the right choice for students who want to succeed.
Join a community of storytellers for the digital age at the Mayborn School of Journalism.
The Mayborn School of Journalism offers:
- A legacy of excellence, with notable alumni including eight Pulitzer Prize winners
- Support to achieve your goals through a variety of departmental scholarships awarded annually
- State-of-the-art technology and classroom labs with the latest software applications, including a Multimedia Reporting classroom, Visual Journalism Lab and Broadcast News Lab
- The critical thinking and writing skills needed for a variety of career fields
- Opportunities to leave a global footprint through Study Abroad programs to destinations such as England, Japan and Mexico
- Interactions with acclaimed writers such as Barbara Ehrenreich, Sheri Fink, Isabel Wilkerson and Lawrence Wright at the annual Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference
“I graduated at the top of my high school class. I ended up applying to 10 universities in Texas. I finally made the choice to go to UNT because it provides one of the best opportunities for advertising. The Mayborn School has an in-house agency, which was so unheard of to me that I was instantly won over. ”