A student-focused public research university, UNT is designated a best university by Forbes and is the largest, most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. With excellent academics and distinguished faculty, we are the green light to greatness of 36,000 students. We offer 98 bachelor’s, 82 master’s and 36 doctoral degree programs.
In a media landscape that is ever changing, the Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism at the University of North Texas offers you the foundation you need to tell compelling stories and the experience you need to master the latest technology.
Access to internships in the fifth largest media market in the country, courses taught by national award-winning journalists and opportunities to gain hands-on experience in writing, advertising, broadcasting, photography and digital media make the Mayborn School of Journalism the right choice for students who want to succeed.
Join a community of storytellers for the digital age at the Mayborn School of Journalism.
The Mayborn School of Journalism offers:
- A legacy of excellence, with notable alumni including eight Pulitzer Prize winners
- Support to achieve your goals through a variety of departmental scholarships awarded annually
- State-of-the-art technology and classroom labs with the latest software applications, including a Multimedia Reporting classroom, Visual Journalism Lab and Broadcast News Lab
- The critical thinking and writing skills needed for a variety of career fields
- Opportunities to leave a global footprint through Study Abroad programs to destinations such as England, Ghana, Japan and Mexico
- Interactions with acclaimed writers such as Susan Orlean, N. Scott Momaday and Joyce Carol Oates at the annual Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference
“UNT’s Journalism program is nationally recognized and the faculty are well educated with a lot of experience. Everyone here is so friendly.”
Journalism student with a concentration in News