Arab and Islamic Journalism Scholarship
The Arab and Islamic Journalism Scholarship was established to support undergraduate students seeking their degree in journalism with an interest in Arab and Islamic cultures.
- Be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students in the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Show a demonstrated interest in journalism and media.
- Submit a 1,000–1,500 word essay (double-spaced) about their interest in the field of journalism as it relates to Arab and Islamic cultures.
- Meet minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Be registered for or have taken coursework toward completion of the Contemporary Arab and Muslim Cultural Studies Certification.
- Must have completed at least 60 hours of coursework toward a degree at the time of application and a have GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- In the event no applicant possesses these characteristics, the scholarship will not be given out during the current year. In the year following, two scholarships will be given to qualifying students.
Does this award still have funds available?:
Maybe (contact the Journalism office for more details)