Edward Okpa Journalism Scholarship
The Edward Okpa Journalism Scholarship was established to support undergraduate students seeking their degree in journalism
- Applicants must meet minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Applicants must maintain full-time enrollment at UNT, unless they have fewer than twice the number of semester hours required to be full-time remaining in their degree program.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time students with major status in the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Applicants must submit a 300 word essay (double spaced) about their interest in the field of journalism. The essay must concisely state the reasons for this career choice and what preparations and skills the students feel are necessary for success in their chosen field.
- Applicants must have completed at least 60 hours of coursework toward a degree at the time of application.
Applicants must have a minimum UNT GPA of 3.0.
Does this award still have funds available?:
Maybe (contact the Journalism office for more details)