Les Dames D’Escoffier Scholarship in Journalism
This scholarship is sponsored by the Dallas chapter of Les Dames D’Escoffier .
- Applicants must be an undergraduate female journalism student with a keen appreciation and understanding of food, wine and the art of the table.
- Applicants must submit a food story (restaurant review, chef interview, food feature article on a cuisine, beverage or health issue or trend) to the scholarship selection committee in the Mayborn School of Journalism. The committee will use evaluation of this article along with the established criteria in determining the scholarship recipient.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.5 GPA in all academic major courses.
- Applicants must complete at least 12 hours of college courses prior to receiving the award and must be a resident of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma or New Mexico.
- Applicants must meet minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Applicants must maintain full-time enrollment at the Mayborn School of Journalism at UNT, unless they have fewer than twice the number of semester hours required to be full-time remaining in their individual degree program.
- Applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications: activities related to journalism or public relations aspects of lifestyle, entertainment or hospitality (e.g. work experience); an intent to continue her education in the field; a range of personal activities which exemplify a keen appreciation and understanding of food, wine, and the arts of the table; thoughtful and innovative approaches to bringing the science of food, wine and hospitality to greater understanding and appreciation; be a worthy representative of the journalism industry aspects of lifestyle, entertainment or hospitality who will be a credit to Les Dames d'Escoffier.
Does this award still have funds available?:
Maybe (contact the Journalism office for more details)