Contact the GSP office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (940) 565-2205, for questions about the GSP or assistance with registration.
Click Here to take the GSP Practice Test.
Click Here to view the GSP Frequently Asked Questions.
Before the exam
Complete these steps:
- Complete the registration form below and submit your one-time $50 fee payment.
This non-refundable fee covers all three attempts for the exam.
- You will receive an email from the GSP Coordinator within one business day (email@example.com).
- Schedule at least one mandatory GSP tutoring workshop using the *tutoring workshop schedule below.
TUTORING WORKSHOPS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and will only be scheduled once payment is received.
- Print off the practice test (click here) and bring to your tutoring workshop.
- Schedule your exam time with the GSP Coordinator. **(See cancellation policy below)
*Tutoring Workshop Schedule:
||12 pm - 2pm
||6pm - 8pm
||12:30pm - 2:30pm
On exam day
- Arrive at the Sage Testing Center in SAGE C330 at least 10 minutes early to check in.
- Show your UNT photo ID to the proctor.
- Follow all Testing Center rules and leave all personal items in the designated area.
- The exam will take approximately one hour to complete.
- Scores will be sent by email within 2 business days.
Instructions will be included if you have scored below an 18 on any section.
Note: Students may not take more than 1 exam in the same day. Second or third attempts must make an appointment at least 1 day in advance.
Special accommodation to take the GSP exam:
Contact the Office of Disability Accommodation at:
Telephone | (940) 565-4323
Fax | (940) 369-7969
TTYL | (940) 369-8652
Website | http://www.unt.edu/oda
Please allow sufficient time to arrange special accommodation.
- If you cannot take the exam at your scheduled time, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (940) 565-2205 or come to GAB 102 during GSP office hours. You must cancel by 12 p.m. on the Thursday before your scheduled time.
- Any student who arrives after the proctor begins giving instructions cannot take the exam that session and will need to reschedule after paying a $10 no-show fee.
- Contact GSP Services at email@example.com to schedule exam and tutoring workshop times.
- The exam will not be given during the first full week of classes, UNT holidays or times when classes are not in session.
Workshops and exams are administered by appointment only.
- Any student suspected of cheating will be reported to the Associate Dean of the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Exam scores will be emailed to the student within 2 business days.
- Once all 4 sections have been passed, you will be allowed to register for journalism classes requiring the GSP.
- To be considered passing, 18 of the 25 questions on each section must be correct. You may take the GSP up to 3 times, and you will only need to retake sections you did not pass.
- You must email the GSP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to retake a failed section. You may also schedule additional tutoring workshops.
- Exams will be offered and graded through Blackboard in the Sage Testing Center. Tutoring workshops will be offered in the GAB when available.
- If you do not pass on the first attempt, you may schedule as many tutoring sessions as you like. There is no appeals process, so you must pass the GSP by the third time, or you will not be allowed to major/minor in journalism or journalism-affiliated programs.
- If you made 3 attempts, but did not pass the old GSP exam administored prior to Sept. 3, 2013, you ARE eligible to take the new GSP exam. You must register and pay the new fee and you will have 3 attempts to pass all sections of the new GSP exam.
- If you paid for the GSP exam which was administered prior to Sept. 3, 2013, but have taken it less than 3 times, you will have 3 attempts to pass all sections of the new GSP exam without needing to repay. You will not be required to re-take any sections that you have already passed.
Once you have successfully registered and paid for the test, you will receive an email from GSP Exam Services with the test and workshop schedule.
*If you do not receive the reply email within 2 business days, check your SPAM folder, and then call us at 940-565-2205.
If you have errors, please register from a standard desktop/laptop computer or try a different browser.