Planning your class schedule?
Have questions about degree requirements or transfer credit?
Need career advice?
Schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Advising.
- Call: 940-565-3365
- Drop by: General Academic Building, Room 107
- Appointments available weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Faculty advisers are also available by appointment to assist in career and internship advising. Faculty members make their own appointments. Please call or e-mail the faculty members directly for possible advising times. Faculty contact information.
Meet the Advisors
Click here for a detailed list of all concentrations
Advising information for Mayborn Graduate Institute students
Beginning Fall 2013 the Mayborn School of Journalism will be implementing a new curriculum. Incoming freshmen and transfer students will automatically follow this new curriculum. Current students may elect to follow these new requirements but will continue to follow their original curriculum requirements unless specifically requested.
Along with a change in curriculum, students will notice a change in some course numbers. The chart below has been created to assist current students with the appropriate selection of courses for Fall 2013 and forward. The new course numbers will substitute for the corresponding courses on degree audits for those on any catalog prior to the change.
Chart: Course changes
Please consult with an academic advisor if there are any questions about course applicability.
News Major 2012 (News Ed.).pdf
News Major 2012 (Broadcast).pdf
News Major 2012 (Photojournalism).pdf
Strategic Communications Major 2012 (Advertising).pdf
Strategic Communications Major 2012 (Public Relations).pdf
Teacher's Certification Guide 2012.pdf
Archived Degree Plans
Minor Guide/ Sports Certificate
Journalism Minor 2010–2012.pdf
Sports Journalism Certificate .pdf
Journalism Career Info
Public Relations Careers.pdf
Each student should have an official degree audit prepared by the School of Journalism. To learn more about running a Degree Audit, click here.
- Should be made upon completion of the pre-major requirements, typically by the end of the sophomore year.
- Transfer students should have degree audits prepared during their first term/semester at UNT.
- Please review and print a copy of your Interactive Degree Audit to bring with you to all advising sessions.
- Stay on track for
graduation and prepare for advising appointments. Monitor your progress 24/7 and see how your
courses could apply to other majors.