Thanks to a generous grant from the Scripps Howard Fund, UNT's Mayborn School of Journalism is a three-year grant recipient for the Scripps Howard Fund Emerging Journalists Program (SJF EJP) and we need your help. About 25 high school journalism teachers in the great state of Texas will be selected as SHF/UNT Teacher Ambassadors and paid a $500 stipend in the year ahead. Applications are due by Jan. 13, 2023 by 7 p.m, and ambassadors will be announced in January 2023. Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible, high school teachers must agree to the following criteria:
- Be an active Texas Association of Journalism Educators member. (Yes, part of the stipend can be used to pay your TAJE, JEA membership and Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference registration.)
- Host or work with the UNT team to host a journalism workshop in your area for students and teachers in 2023.
- Help identify potential student applicants for the 2023 workshop by March 27, 2023. Read more: https://journalism.unt.edu/emergingjournalists
- Agree to work via TAJE channels to secure continuing education units if selected.
- Agree to have your name/image used in SHF, UNT, TAJE and JEA marketing materials.