Where Information meets Innovation
In a media landscape that is ever changing, the Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism at the University of North Texas offers you the foundation you need to tell compelling stories and the experience you need to master the latest technology.
Access to internships in the fifth largest media market in the country, courses taught by national award-winning journalists and opportunities to gain hands-on experience in writing, advertising, broadcasting, photography and digital media make the Mayborn School of Journalism the right choice for students who want to succeed.
Join a community of storytellers for the digital age at the Mayborn School of Journalism.
The Mayborn School of Journalism offers:
- A legacy of excellence with notable alumni, including 14 Pulitzer Prize winners or finalists.
- Support to achieve your goals through a variety of departmental scholarships awarded annually.
- State-of-the-art technology and classroom labs with the latest software applications, including a Multimedia Reporting classroom, Visual Journalism Lab and Broadcast News Lab.
- Exposure to journalism around the world through study abroad programs in England, Japan and Mexico.
- The critical thinking and writing skills needed for a variety of career fields.
- Connections and networking through the Advertising Club, UNT National Association of Black Journalists, UNT National Association of Hispanic Journalists and other student organizations.
- An opportunity to interact with acclaimed writers such as Katherine Boo, Charles Johnson, Sebastian Junger and Gilbert King at the annual Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference.
“Though I’m a broadcast major, I consider myself to be a visual storyteller in all forms. Being a student at Mayborn, I am able to explore these creative avenues and build upon my skills to prepare me for my professional career.”