Bill and Brenda Ford Scholarship
The Bill and Brenda Ford Scholarship was established by faculty member Bill Ford to support SWOOP students seeking their degree in journalism. SWOOP is the in-house advertising and PR agency at the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Eligible students must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students with major status in the Advertising or PR.
- Students must show a demonstrated interest in advertising and be working in SWOOP.
- Applicants must submit a 1,000–1,500 word essay (double-spaced) about their interest in the field of advertising.
- Applicants must meet minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Applicants must have completed at least 60 hours of coursework toward a degree at the time of application and a GPA of 2.8 or higher.