This form is to be used by undergraduate students to enroll in JOUR 4800 - Professional Internship. This form is to be used once you have secured an internship. You will need an offer letter from the business (preferrably on letterhead) before you will be approved to enroll in JOUR 4800. You will be required to upload a copy of your offer letter in this form.
**Note: Be sure to use proper grammar (where applicable) and capitalization. The information you provide will be downloaded and sent to your internship provider.***
Graduate Students should email email@example.com for information on internships.
Make sure you are eligible to take an internship for credit.
- Make an appointment with the Office of Student Advising to check your eligibility
- Note the following courses are required prerequisites for journalism concentrations:
- Advertising – JOUR 3020 AD Account Planning
- Broadcast & Digital News – JOUR 4323 Advanced Broadcast/Web News Writing and JOUR 4343 Visual News Storytelling
- Digital & Print News – JOUR 3321 News Reporting & Writing and either JOUR 3310 Feature Writing, JOUR 4321 Opinion Writing or JOUR 4350 Sports Journalism
- Photojournalism – JOUR 3700 Photojournalism
- Public Relations – JOUR 3420 PR Writing
Check with the Office of Student Advising to see how many credits you should get.
Secure an internship.
- MSOJ Internship & Career Fairs
- Career Center website
- Online searches
- Contact companies you want to work for directly
Fill out this application and upload your offer letter.
Make an appointment with your faculty advisor (an email with contacts will be sent to you after you submit this form).
Print and bring required documents to your appointment with the faculty advisor for approval.
- Your offer letter from the business (preferably on business letterhead)
- Unofficial transcript
- Completed Internship form
Take the signed form and letter to GAB 102 where Cathy Turner will give you an enrollment code for the class.
Enroll in your designated class section and pay tuition before the payment deadline.